top of page
Baby Redfoot Tortoise

Here at Shadow’s Reptiles, we have some beautiful active and healthy baby redfoot tortoises for sale. Redfoot tortoises are a friendly and calm species that doesn't get too huge, growing to be about 13-15 inches. Redfoot tortoises are omnivores, and can have a more varied diet than other tortoises. I like to feed 70% grasses, weeds, flowers, or leaves and 30% fruits, vegetables, or a tortoise diet. For baby tortoises I prefer to not feed fruit too often, but they enjoy a little treat twice a week. The baby redfoot tortoises for sale now are mainly feeding on hibiscus leaves/flowers, collard greens, opuntia cactus, mulberry leaves, and mazuri tortoise diet. I keep my baby tortoises in a few different types of enclosures, but I always like to use something at least 2 feet by 3 feet. An enclosure that can hold the right temperatures and humidity is very important to ensure proper health for your baby tortoises.  You can learn more on my Tortoise Care Playlist on my YouTube channel Shadow’s Reptiles. 

Baby Redfoot Tortoise

$125.00Price
Only 7 left in stock
  • Chelonoidis carbonaria

    Size: A full grown Redfoot Tortoise averages between 11 and 14 inches.

    Diet: Redfoot tortoises are primarily herbivores feeding off high fiber diet like grasses and weeds but can eat small amounts of protein like eggs, meats, or insects as a rare treat.

    Enclosure: I keep my hatchlings in a 2ft by 3ft plastic tote and upgrade them as they grow, a full grown Redfoot will need an area of at least 4ft by 6ft but bigger is better and recommended if available. They like their environment tropical with warm temps and high humidity.

    Handling: Tortoises do not like being off the ground and should not be handled often, good ways to interact with your tortoises without causing stress is by hand feeding, watching them interact with their enclosures and letting them walk around the yard supervised (If climate permits).

    Check out my redfoot tortoise care guide for detailed information!

Related Products